Nowadays, more adults than ever are choosing to invest in a straight smile with the help of their orthodontist in San Antonio. In fact, 1 in 5 orthodontic patients are now over the age of 18 because of the wider selection of treatment options. Besides less noticeable solutions, many also offer quick results, but which treatment is the fastest? If you want to achieve a straight smile in a hurry, we have the answers you need to choose the quickest treatment.
Which Orthodontic Treatment is the Fastest?
Whether you missed your chance for braces as an adolescent or your teeth have shifted over the years, there are several options to correct your bite and alignment issues. There are 4 popular treatments for adults, but which offers the quickest results? Unfortunately, there isn’t an easy answer because the duration of your treatment varies depending on your individual needs. Generally, you can expect it to take longer to correct complex issues than when compared to only making minor changes.
Your dentist in San Antonio will explain your treatment options and how long you can expect each to take. Although each plan differs, here’s what you can expect when choosing from the most popular solutions:
- Invisalign: Clear aligners are worn over the teeth, applying consistent pressure to move them into their ideal positions. The duration of the treatment depends on the number of aligners needed and how well a patient abides by their treatment plan. On average, most patients are finished with their series of aligners in 12-18 months.
- Traditional Braces: A series of brackets and wires gradually pull the teeth into position. Although they are often used for children, adults can choose less noticeable metal braces, like those with tooth-colored brackets and wires. Generally, you’ll need to wear them for 18-24 months depending on your individual treatment plan.
- FastBraces: FastBraces differs from the traditional method because the root and crown of a tooth are moved at the same time, significantly reducing the treatment time. In fact, many patients are finished with their plan in as few as 20 weeks.
- ClearCorrect: Like Invisalign, clear aligners are worn over the teeth to move them into alignment. They are virtually the same treatment; however, ClearCorrect gives you fewer aligners at one time. The average treatment takes 1-2 years to complete.
How Long Will My Treatment Take?
There’s no way to determine the length of your treatment without first having a consultation. There are various factors that influence the duration, such as:
- Severity of your alignment issues
- Patient compliance
- Treatment option
Your dentist will explain your treatment plan and offer recommendations to ensure you stay on track to achieve the results you want as quickly as possible. With the right method, you’ll have the beautiful, straight smile you deserve in no time at all.
About Dr. Justin J. Gonzalez
Dr. Gonzalez has undergone advanced training in many areas of specialty, including orthodontics. As a certified Invisalign provider, he has the discreet solutions adults need to straighten their teeth. If you’re interested in braces or clear aligners, contact our office today to schedule your consultation.